POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN NANOMEDICINE AND TUBERCULOSIS
Infectious diseases continue to pose a significant global threat. In light of a thin pipeline of new drugs, and the growing emergence of drug resistant strains, nanomedicine may offer alternative, effective and novel treatments. There is an opportunity for a highly self-motivated postdoctoral fellow to work in nanomedicine laboratory of Dr. Admire Dube at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa, joining a team developing a nanomedicine for the treatment of TB.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in nanoparticle synthesis and characterization
- Experience in cell culture
- Ability to work independently and ‘think outside the box’
- Excellent manuscript and proposal writing skills
- A PhD in a relevant field awarded within the last three years
- Conduct laboratory research in the above-mentioned area
- Generate publications
- Write and submit proposals for funding
- Mentor junior researchers in the laboratory
The current fellowship is currently for one year. The start date is immediate. The position is under the supervision of Prof. Admire Dube at the School of Pharmacy, University of the Western Cape (www.dubelab.com). The candidate will be expected to submit proposals for continuation of funding.
Further details of project and salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Should you meet the above requirements, please e-mail your CV and motivation letter (not more than 2-pages) to email@example.com
Closing date: 23 June 2023